The firmware of the router has to be updated in order for the router to stay up to date and so that the security of the router is updated as well. The firmware process usually takes only a couple of minutes. Asus releases firmware updates regularly so that the user can stay up to date with their router. Here are the steps to update the firmware for the Asus router:
- Download the latest firmware for your router from the Asus Support Site and save it to the desired location on your computer.
- Now, open an internet browser of your choice and type router.asus.com in the address bar of the browser. Press enter.
- Enter the information regarding your router when prompted.
- You will be taken to the web based page of the router.
- Click on Administration panel on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Firmware Update option. Click Choose File.
- Search and select the previously downloaded file from your computer and upload it by clicking on the Upload button.
- The firmware update process will begin.
Warning: It is advised that the update process isn’t interrupted anyhow as any interruptions can damage the router and even render it useless.
After the firmware has been updated, the user can go on to use their network as they desire.